Saturday, July 31, 2010

my design career

I Study Industrial design at UNSW because it is a good way to express my passion about drawing and designing new things. When I came to Australia aged 15, I realized the fundamental difference in education. In high school, I felt that the high School in Australia more lazed back and less structured. I believe that in Australia will give me a greater opportunity to express my creative output.

The first time I came into contact with design is when I was a little. My parents brought me to a design exhibition, I saw many designers product, and I was amazed and wondering how people can create things like that. My interest about design has rapidly increased from that time.

Also when I go shopping with my friends, I always saw a lot of interesting things in the shop, they are simple but beautiful and very practical. I realize that the product design is not only about artwork, is about the material and in shape as well.

After I just got my UAI, I wavered between industrial design at UNSW and UTS. But I’m thinking about to go back to China after I finished my study in University, so I thought studing at UNSW is a good experience for my future. When I submitted my UAC preference, My parents told me, industrial design in Australia is very different compared to China, people have different opinions when they face the same problem. I realized that it would not be easy. I had faced a lot of challenge during the first semester but also learned a lot and enjoy it. I believed that during my four years study, I will gain more skills and develop myself. Also learn more about the design processes. These will let me to become as a professional product designer.

In the immediate future, I would like to keep learning more about design and keep trying my best. After university, I want to go back to China and work for industries there, because China is a developing country with only a rudimentary design industry. I can a lot of potential for product design in China and whish to apply the skill I learnt to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment